Just like higher or lower blood glucose levels are threatening in human beings, it can be threatening to animals in the same way. Diabetes and hyperglycemia are the two commonly known conditions pets can be afflicted by.
In dogs, although hyperglycemia is much more common than diabetes. Hyperglycemia is a condition where blood glucose levels drop down much lower than ideal levels.
Hyperglycemia leads to many consequences in dogs which can be seizures, fatigue, low energy levels and much more. If a dog is afflicted by hyperglycemia if the condition isn’t timely monitored chances are, it may lead to death.
In the case of cats, diabetes is more common in comparison to hyperglycemia. Even though cats are rarely afflicted by diabetes because it all depends on genes.
The thing with conditions like diabetes and hyperglycemia is that they cannot be cured, rather they can be delayed. Veterinary science has progressed a long way and now pets afflicted with such conditions can lead a better life.
Blood glucose monitors are one of the handiest tools for both humans and pets that is helping them lead a better life. Home blood glucose monitoring (HBGM) is a process where you can test blood glucose levels of your pets and take actions accordingly in terms of keeping them healthy.
Blood glucose monitors have helped thousands of pets lead a normal life by keeping track of their blood sugar levels and making changes accordingly.
Although, people who’re newly adopting HBGM must know which product is the most suitable out there. One should know what a blood monitoring kit comprises of and its functionalities and only then go out to buy one.
Zoetis is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to pet-specific glucose meters. It is necessary to opt for pet-specific glucometers because calibration is different when it comes to human beings and pets.
AlphaTrak II is one of the leading products in pet-specific glucose meters in the market. It is designed for the purpose of home blood glucose monitoring and generates quick results while checking the blood glucose levels.
The product meets the ISO standards for accuracy and generates the most accurate results. The package comes with fifty test strips which are sufficient enough for a month’s usage. Spare test strips are also affordable for this product.
Zoetis AlphaTrak 2 Features
- AlphaTrak II is a product that comes with a lancing device and thirty lancelets, making it quite efficient for blood glucose tests.
- The product is very easy to operate, as it was designed for the purpose of home blood glucose monitoring and can be operated by anyone.
- The package also comprises of the major blood glucose monitoring device and fifty test strips to assist the tests. The package also includes two user manuals and carrying case.
- The product is ISO standardized and is efficient when it comes to performance. The product is lightweight and generates results within seconds.
- AlphaTrak II is one of the most trusted products in the market and also have a great memory capacity, which is up to 500+ blood tests.
What we like
- This product is highly recommended by veterinarians.
- It uses the smallest blood size sample.
- It only takes about six seconds to generate the result. Plus, you get accurate results.
- There is an optional alarm feature.
What We Dont Like
- The product requires pre-coding and calibration keys.
- The product can digitally record only up to 250 logs.
- One might need a vet to calibrate it at times.