- 1 Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Meter Features:
- 2 What is in the box?
- 3 Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Meter Kit FAQ's
- 3.1 ✅ What does it mean if the control solution result does not fall within the range?
- 3.2 ✅ Does the meter shut off automatically?
- 3.3 ✅ I did not mark the test as a control solution test. Will anything happen?
- 3.4 ✅ When is doing a control solution test recommended?
- 3.5 ✅ When do I need to replace the batteries?
- 4 Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Meter Kit
- 5 What We Like
- 6 What we Dont Like
Precision Xtra blood glucose and ketone monitoring meter kit is one of the fastest and accurate meters you will find out there. It is simple in design and fast in delivering the result. The meter is portable and handy in use, but easy to read the readings. It has three buttons for easy results and navigation. It can store 450 results with the date and time with 7,14,30 day averaging. You can also download the results into your computer.
The process just requires a sample of 0.6µL of blood for the test. The kit includes the meter, instruction manual, a lancing device, carrying case, battery which is already installed into the meter, an alternate site testing cap.
Along with the meter, you will get 10 Precision Xtra Ketone Test Strips, One Month Abbott Freestyle 28 Gauge Lancets, dynarex Alcohol Wipes and a I Love Keto Sticker. Anyhow, You need to buy the glucose strips separately at the nearby drug store.
Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Meter Features:
Here are the few attractive features of this kit.
- Portable meter: It is light in weight, handy in use and easy to carry anywhere. It is pocket friendly so that you can take it with you based on your need without having any doubt.
- Average calculation: The feature that makes it special from most of the other meters is, it has the average calculation built-in feature. If storing the test results into its memory is a good point, the 7,14,30 days respective averages is an eye catchy feature. It not only helps you in tracking the readings, but helps you in increasing your performance based on the average.
- Has an adjustable time and date function: If you mention the date or year wrongly in the meter, it shows you a faulty reading. To overcome it, this device is provided with a feature of adjusting the time and date function to avoid the errors in testing.
- 4 button operations: The leftmost and rightmost buttons on the bottom side of the device helps in reviewing and selecting meter settings, reviewing results and averages respectively. The middle one is a mode button which can be used to turn the meter ON and OFF, to access meter setup options, to access and save meter settings, to access previous results and averages. The one on the top right side helps in monitoring backlight.
- Easy-to-Read screen: The screen is big enough and so the font and the size of the letters in the display screen. It is designed in such a way that the user can read it freely without frowning or narrowing his/her eyes.
- 450 records storage capacity: The meter has the capacity of storing 450 test results within it. No need to memorize the previous results. Just go for the records, check and compare! You will get to know whether you need to improve more or not. Like a cherry on the top of the cake, 7, 14, 30 day averages will be calculated and updated in a cycle.
What is in the box?
Let us unbox the product for you here. Here are the things we have found on the pack.
- The meter.
- A lancing device.
- An Instruction manual.
- 10 Ketone Strips.
- dynarex Alcohol wipes
- Abbott FreeStyle 28 Gauge Lancets
- I Love Keto Sticker
- Carrying case
- Battery (Pre Installed)
- An alternate site testing cap.
What we like
- Ketone strips are provided.
- Just need 0.6 µL of blood for the test and the result will be up in 5 seconds.
- No coding required.
- The memory is broad. It can store upto 450 records with the date and time on which the test is done.
- Simple to use and it gives accurate results.
- Portable and handy.
- The meter has a large display with backlight.
What We Dont Like
- No glucose strips in the kit. You need to buy them separately.
- No control solution is provided.
- No guarantee. Can use it for a few years though, But not a lifetime warranted.
Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Meter Kit FAQ's
✅ What does it mean if the control solution result does not fall within the range?
If the control solution result falls within the range, it means that your meter and test strips are working correctly. If not, they may not be working fine. In such cases, repeat the test with a new test strip and ensure the control solution testing instructions are thoroughly followed. If it is still a no, contact Customer Service (1-800-527-3339).
✅ Does the meter shut off automatically?
Yes! If you don’t bother to shut the meter off or pull the strip out of the meter after the testing is done, the meter shut off automatically after 60 seconds.
✅ I did not mark the test as a control solution test. Will anything happen?
It’s much needed to mark the test as a control solution test if it is so! If not, it will be saved in your meter’s memory as one of your personal blood glucose or blood ketone test results. This will show the effect on the average of your test results.
✅ When is doing a control solution test recommended?
Generally, a control solution test is recommended when you are using the meter for the first time, to ensure that your meter and test strips are working perfectly. This will act as a trail for you to know whether the equipment is good in giving an accurate result or not.
Note: We recommend you to use this test when you buy a new box of test strips too. You do not use a drop of blood in a control solution test.
✅ When do I need to replace the batteries?
You need to replace the batteries when the display screen shows “This means the battery is low” or “This means the battery must be replaced”. In the first case, you can still go for the test in that minute, and can change the batteries after the test is done. The backlight is not usable. While, In the second case, You need to change the batteries immediately. The meter will automatically shut down.
Overall, it is a great device with good features and the accuracy it maintains is good. It’s the best beginner kit one will ever ask for.