- 1 DSS Precision Xtra Features:
- 2 What is in the box?
- 3 DSS Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Meter Kit FAQ's
- 4 Final Words
- 5 DSS Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Meter Kit
- 6 What We Like
- 7 What we Dont Like
It gives you the data beyond your need, which is much useful and helpful in improving your health performance.
This kit has a simple testing meter with the extra assurance and control system.For the test, it just requires a sample of 0.6µL of blood.
The kit includes the meter, instruction manual, a lancing device, 10 lancets, carrying case, battery which is already installed into the meter, an alternate site testing cap. You need to buy the strips separately at the nearby drug store.
The meter can store around 450 results with the date and time with 7,14,30 day averaging. You can also download the results into your computer, if the system is compatible.
DSS Precision Xtra Features:
- Portable meter: It is light in weight, handy in use and easy to carry anywhere. It is pocket friendly so that you can take it with you based on your need without having any doubt.
- Average calculation: The feature that makes it special from most of the other meters is, it has the average calculation built-in feature. If storing the test results into its memory is a good point, the 7,14,30 days respective averages is an eye catchy feature. It not only helps you in tracking the readings, but helps you in increasing your performance based on the average.
- Has an adjustable time and date function: If you mention the date or year wrongly in the meter, it shows you a faulty reading. To overcome it, this device is provided with a feature of adjusting the time and date function to avoid the errors in testing.
- 4 button operations: The leftmost and rightmost buttons on the bottom side of the device helps in reviewing and selecting meter settings, reviewing results and averages respectively. The middle one is a mode button which can be used to turn the meter ON and OFF, to access meter setup options, to access and save meter settings, to access previous results and averages. The one on the top right side helps in monitoring backlight.
- Easy-to-Read screen: The screen is big enough and so the font and the size of the letters in the display screen. It is designed in such a way that the user can read it freely without frowning or narrowing his/her eyes.
- 450 records storage capacity: This Glucose meter has the capacity of storing 450 test results within it. No need to memorize the previous results. Just go for the records, check and compare! You will get to know whether you need to improve more or not. Like a cherry on the top of the cake, 7, 14, 30 day averages will be calculated and updated in a cycle.
What is in the box?
Let us unbox the product for you here. Here are the things we have found on the pack.
- The meter.
- A lancing device.
- An Instruction manual.
- 10 Lancets
- Carrying case
- Battery (Pre Installed)
- An alternate site testing cap.
What we like
- Just needs 0.6 µL of blood for the test and the result will be up in 5 seconds.
- No coding required.
- The memory is broad. It can store upto 450 records with the date and time on which the test is done.
- Simple to use and it gives accurate results.
- Portable and handy.
- The meter has a large display with backlight.
What We Dont Like
- No strips in the kit. You need to buy them separately.
- No guarantee. Can use it for a few years though, But not a lifetime warranted.
DSS Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Meter Kit FAQ's
✅ What strips can be used with this meter?
The precision ultra test strips are available on amazon. You can order them and use them, but be careful about the quality before buying them (Reviews may help you.). You can also buy them from the Precision ultra site directly
✅ How to clean the meter?
You can store the meter in the carrying case provided. Avoid getting dirt, dust, blood, control solution, or liquid in the meter test strip port as it may affect the working of the meter. You can clean the outer portion of the meter using a damp cloth and mild soap.
According to the instruction manuals, the solutions which can be used are:
- 70% isopropyl alcohol, or
- A mixture of 1 part ammonia, 9 parts water, or
- A mixture of 1 part household bleach, 9 parts water
✅ When do I need to replace the batteries?
You need to replace the batteries when the display screen shows “This means the battery is low” or “This means the battery must be replaced”. In the first case, you can still go for the test in that minute, and can change the batteries after the test is done. The backlight is not usable. While, In the second case, You need to change the batteries immediately. The meter will automatically shut down.
✅ What is the life of the pre installed batteries?
The battery can endure upto 1000 tests successfully unless you use the backlight more than needed, as the backlight consumes most of the power from the battery.
✅ What are the precautions I need to take while cleaning the meter?
1. Don’t try to clean the strip port.
2. Don’t pour liquid into the strip port or onto the buttons.
3. Don’t dip the meter in water or any other liquid directly.
In short, DSS Precision Xtra Blood Glucose Kit is a complete starter kit that you need to check your glucose level. Except the strips and the control solution, they provided everything for you through this kit at a reasonable price. Be aware while buying the strips as there are many fraudulent brands which sell the cheap strips.