If you are a diabetic patient Googling for a healthy salad, then air-fryer beets with feta would be the best choice for you. Beetroot is not only nutritious but also there is absolutely no risk for diabetic patients.
Air-Fryer Beets With Feta – Best Choice Healthy Salad For Diabetics!
Here we present an easy recipe to prepare the air-fryer beets with feta. The dish is warm on its own and you can also eat it cold as part of a salad. When you fry in oil, a lot of fat and calories get added.
However, air frying cuts down on fats and calories, and is best recommended for diabetes patients. Moreover, it is the best option if you are looking for weight loss.
Air-Fryer Beets With Feta
- 1 Fryer Basket
- 1 Pound Beets (2 large or 3 small would do). Trim, peel and cut them into pieces of 3-inch thickness.
- 1 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Oregano
- Preheat your air fryer to a temperature of 400°F for 5 minutes. Keep the beats in a big bowl. Add oil, salt and pepper to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place the beets in the same layer in the fryer basket. Now, cook for 10 minutes. Flip the beets carefully and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes. Continue cooking till the beets turn out to be crisp and brown on the edges. Now your air-fryer beets with feta is ready. Move the dish to a serving bowl. Now the last step is to top it with feta and oregano.
- Unlike the oven, preparing side dishes using an air fryer saves time. One more advantage is that you can free up oven space for cooking the main dishes.
- Though beetroot is available all around the year, the peak season is midsummer into late fall.
- Make sure that all the beets are of the same thickness, i.e. 3 inches. It helps all the pieces to get cooked evenly.
- If you prefer to cut the beets into smaller or bigger sizes, adjust the air fryer time accordingly.
- You might have come across other recipes to leave the skin of the beet as it is and remove them post-roasting. This is generally done while roasting whole beets. In the case of the above recipe, it is better that you first peel the beet and then cut it into pieces.
- It is quite natural that you might be thinking of freezing the roasted beets. However, it works best when you are using whole beets. With the above recipe, frosting the air-fryer beets with feta does not lead to the expected results. Defrosting and reheating may cause the beet to turn too soft and a little rubbery.
You might be curious to know about nutrition facts. Here you go.
A serving size of 1/2 cup contains the following nutrients.
|Vitamin B3 niacin||1mg|
Are you super excited to try out the air-fryer beets with feta? It’s quite easy to throw together, making it worth a try. Moreover, the nutrient-filled dish makes it the ideal snack for diabetes. Especially for Type 2 diabetes, traditional frying in oil is a strict no-no.
The best part is that the dish goes well with any kind of protein, thus making the air-fryer beets with feta a great choice for your Christmas or Thanksgiving menu.