Hearty chickpea and spinach stew is a delicious and healthy dish that provides several health benefits. Here, you will discover the ingredients used to prepare hearty chickpeas and spinach stew.
Also, you will discover the easiest method to prepare the heart chickpea and spinach stew.
Chickpeas are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber and offer a variety of health benefits. It aids in weight loss, improves digestion, and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Hearty Chickpea And Spinach Stew – Are They Delicious?
Chickpeas are high in protein and chickpea and spinach stew is a delicious stew that you can replace for meat and other vegan dishes.
It contains a moderate amount of calories and is a good source of fiber and protein. Since it is rich in protein and fiber, it helps promote fullness and increase the production of appetite-reducing hormones.
Like Chickpea, Spinach also provides several health benefits including improved blood glucose control, improved bone health, and a lowers the risk of cancer. It is also rich in essential minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, and Vitamin K.
Here, we will let you know the ingredients used to make hearty chickpea and spinach stew. They are:
Hearty Chickpea & Spinach Stew
- 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 2 (15 ) ounces cans of low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed, divided
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (¾ cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounces) carton of low-sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp fennel seeds, crushed
- ½ tbsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tbsp ground pepper
- ⅛ tbsp salt
- 3 cups IQF
- Take 1 can of chickpeas and mash it into a paste using a potato masher or fork.
- Set this paste of chickpeas aside.
- Place a large pot on medium-high heat and pour some oil into it.
- Once the oil becomes hot, add turkey, oregano, fennel seeds, and crushed red pepper.
- Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes at medium-high heat until the turkey is no longer pink and crumble it with a wooden spoon.
- Stir it often and add onion, carrots, and garlic into it. After 3 to 4 minutes, add tomato paste and stir it for 30 seconds.
- Add the mashed chickpeas, some whole chickpeas, pepper, and salt into this pot.
- Cover the pot and cook it on medium heat.
- Cook until the vegetables become tender, for about 10 minutes.
- nce the vegetables get cooked, add spinach into it and stir well until the spinach is heated thoroughly.
- Cook it for 1 to 2 minutes and serve the soup in a serving bowl. If required, you can garnish the served soup with 1 tbsp of Parmesan.
🍲Serving size of stew: 2 cups
🍲Nutritional value per serving:
🍲Protein: 32.4 g
🍲Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
🍲Dietary fiber; 13.1 g
🍲Sugars: 10 g
🍲Fat: 13 g
🍲Saturated fat: 2.5 g
🍲Cholesterol: 48.8 mg
🍲Vitamin A IU: 12057.2 IU
🍲Vitamin C: 11 mg
🍲Folate: 148.4 mcg
🍲Calcium: 179.7 mg
🍲Iron: 6.1 mg
🍲Magnesium: 113.8 mg
🍲Potassium: 98.1 mg
🍲Sodium: 643.1 mg
Health Benefits Of Hearty Chickpea And Spinach Stew
The hearty chickpea and spinach stew is a healthy dish that helps in diabetes management.
Since it is rich in antioxidants known as alpha-lipoic acid, it can control your glucose levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
Spinach is a green leafy vegetable that contains a pigment known as chlorophyll. Studies have found that chlorophyll has anti-cancer properties.
So consuming hearty chickpea and spinach stew prevent the growth of cancerous cells in your body. This healthy stew has many other health benefits such as reducing the symptoms and severity of asthma, improving your lung function, lowering blood pressure, and improving the strength of your bone.
Since this stew possesses a high amount of vitamin A, it helps you to get healthy skin, and hair and promotes digestive regularity. So you can add it as a part of your nutritious diet and can be consumed daily without any adverse effects.