- 1 What is Plantar Fasciitis?
- 2 8 Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- 3 Final Verdict
Plantar Fasciitis is the most common type of injury suffered by tennis players. The people who suffer from this injury often have sharp pain in the heel of their foot and the pain is normally worse right when they wake up and take the first few steps and after they stand up and walk around after sitting for a while. This pain may even limit your walking. To get rid of this incredible pain, the best way is to choose the correct tennis shoes. So this article will give you in-depth knowledge about the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis. Before that let’s know what Plantar Fasciitis is and its home remedies.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
People who play tennis, who are overweight, who wear shoes with inadequate support also have an increased risk of plantar fasciitis. Actually, Plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of the ligament that connects the heel to the toes. The tissue on the bottom of the foot is known as Plantar Fascia. When this tissue is overstretched or overused when you run, walk, or do any other activities, Plantar Fasciitis occurs. There are many simple home remedies to get rid of this pain. They are:
- Proper rest: Giving proper rest to your foot help cure injuries and plantar fasciitis
- Putting ice on your heel: putting ice on the bottom of your foot near your heel for 10-20 minutes can help reduce the pain and bring down any swelling if there is any.
- Insoles: This is a long term solution for plantar fasciitis. Grab a pair of insoles with your running or tennis shoes
The permanent solution to this incredible pain is to choose correct tennis shoes. So here is a list of best shoes for one who suffers from Plantar Fasciitis. Before checking it, let’s look at the factors which determine the best tennis shoes. They are
- Cushioned heel
- Good arch support
- Does it fits securely and stable
- Any issues related to rubbing or repetitive movement
8 Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Lets checkout the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis patients in detail.
It is updated with all-around qualities and a unique running-shoe feel that creates comfortable support and stability on the court. The outsole consists of DuRubber, which increases the durability in the high impact areas. It helps to attain a speedy-feel, stability, enhanced cushioning, and a more universal fit This is one of the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis patients on the market and it is made up of:
- Upper: Lightweight 3-D Solid upper provides a comfortable fit, durability, and breathability.
- Midsole: Pownce midsole offers maximum lightweight, responsive cushioning. D-Flex Groove helps to transfer energy into every step while maximizing stability. SR Touch cushioning has been added to the forefoot for an ultra-plush feel.
- Outsole: DuRubber increases durability to high impact areas, and is formed into a modified herringbone pattern for traction on any court surface. Backed by a six-month outsole durability guarantee.
The Padded collar and tongue provide a snug, comfy fit. This really helps in making you move more naturally around the court. The extra SHOCK SPRING provides superior cushioning in the heel and forefoot. This stops any shock from playing damaging that. These tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis are fantastically designed shoes and durable enough as the outsole is made up of solid rubber.
The wide base of the shoe makes you stable and allows for the easy insertion of custom orthotics. The materials used to make Diadora speed BlueShield tennis shoes are hard court and clay court. The mid-sole is lightweight EVA with arch reinforcement and Diadora Blushield technology providing support in the metatarsal area. Whole-body of the shoes is made from rubber with a special wear-resistant compound. These will provide an amazing combination of stability, breathability, and comfortability. This versatile and dynamic pair of shoes can even be used for walking and jogging.
It is made up of high-quality materials and contains Adaptive Fit Technology which means the shoe wraps around your foot from the arch to the side of the shoe and laces to give a personalized, stable fit. It had more than enough ventilation to keep you cool and comfortable in the court. The most important feature of Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 that attracts every tennis player is its support and stability.
DYNAWALL technology, which offers added midfoot stability during lateral movements and coast-to-coast coverage. The torque control feature in the heel counter is also designed to help maintain a locked-in feel during quick transitions. The main properties and features of this shoe are:
- Flexion Fit Upper which provides form-fitting comfort without sacrificing support.
- AHAR Plus Outsole positioned in critical areas of the outsole, this exceptionally durable compound is 50% more durable than standard ASICS High Abrasion Rubber.
- Trusstic System technology reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System that attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- 2 layers of memory foam line the collar and mold to the athlete’s heel, creating a personalized fit.
- The Adidas Barricade tennis shoe is a man-made shoe.
- The sole is made up of rubber.
- Seamless Forged Mesh upper designed with areas of support and stretch to help ensure a custom fit that adapts to every move.
- Soft and stretchable tongue for comfort fit and Adiprene in the forefoot maintains propulsion and efficiency.
- Abrasion-resistant Adituff wraps around the toe and medial forefoot to help protect against foot drag that occurs during serves, volleys, and extreme lateral movements.
- Geofit construction for anatomical fit.
- Barricade chassis for support and stability in midfoot and extra freedom and flexibility in the forefoot.
- Adiprene under the heel for superior cushioning at impact.
This also allows you to customize the level of cushioning you experience on the tennis court. They may run a bit slim for some, but the materials seem to stretch out, and the advanced midsole technologies offer outstanding support for your dynamic movements while playing.
They used high-quality synthetic materials for manufacturing the shoe and also offered a warranty of 30 days. Along with the shoe, they provide some care instructions which ask you to allow your pair of shoes to air and deodorize on a regular basis, this also helps them retain their natural shape. Some of the customers opinionated that they can fit a little smaller size than their normal shoe size so it may be worth bearing that in mind when ordering them up.
So these are the best shoes available in the market for those who suffer from the intensive pain of Plantar Fasciitis. Choose good supportive and comfortable footwear to get rid of it. And also remember to avoid stiletto heels, flats, flip flops, etc. Doctors recommend choosing sneakers with good arch support, supportive cushioning, shock-absorbing soles, and a deep heel cup to keep plantar fasciitis symptoms at bay.
Tim Mathew is an Endocrinologist specialized in general endocrinology, diabetes, and lipid metabolism. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline and completed a medical school program from New York. Once Tim Mathew quoted that ‘Endocrinology is both a challenging and rewarding medical specialty, so he wants to specialize in it