It is a known fact that people in today’s era live a much unhealthier lifestyle than their ancestors. A bad lifestyle has led to various health conditions that are inevitable.
Diabetes is one of those health conditions that’s becoming a rising concern for the medical industry, as there is an increase in the number of people falling prey to diabetes.
Diabetes is usually due to hereditary. If anyone in your family tree has suffered from diabetes, chances are you would be afflicted by it too. But nowadays, diabetes is becoming common in people without any diabetic ancestry.
Diabetes is closely related to the insulin functioning within our bodies. The pancreas is an organ that’s responsible for breaking down the sugar carried by the blood to transfer into our cells for energy.
During diabetes, a human being’s body either becomes resistant to the insulin or the pancreas is deficient in producing insulin, which leaves an excessive amount of sugar in the blood – leading to different repercussions.
A condition like diabetes and diabetes itself, cannot be cured, but rather only delayed. Many people with the help of proper treatment and physical exercises still lead a happy life, in spite of being diabetic.
Various advancements have arrived in the medical industry to help diabetic people lead a normal life. One such tool that was designed for diabetes control is a glucometer.
A glucometer is a simple device that calculates the blood glucose level digitally. A glucometer helps a diabetic patient keep a track of their blood glucose levels and take precautions when it goes too high or too low.
Now doctors who’re providing treatments to diabetic patients can keep a track of their patient’s monthly and weekly test results to quantify a plan regarding their diet and workout so that patients could live an optimal life.
Glucometers came into existence in the early 1800s and weren’t accepted until it became an integral part of ‘home blood glucose monitoring’ also abbreviated as HBGM, which is an effective method of keeping in check of your blood sugar levels at the comfort of your home.
Home blood glucose monitoring has helped thousands of people alleviate their lives by simply keeping a constant track of their blood glucose levels. Although, when it comes to buying a glucometer, there are certain considerations that one should keep in mind.
Bayer Contour TS Blood glucometer can be said one of the most trusted products in the market, as of now. Bayer is the largest German multi-national pharmaceuticals company. The company was founded in 1863, initially as a dyestuffs factory.
Being one of the most trusted products, you can expect Bayer’s glucometer to generate accurate results as it meets ISO 15197: 2013 accuracy requirements: 95 percent of glucose readings within ±15 percent (or +/- 15 mg/dl) of lab reference.
The device is quite easy to operate and can be used for tests straight out from the package. What makes it simple is that the device doesn’t require any pre-coding and calibration keys to calibrate for each test strip.
Bayer always includes features that matter, just like any other glucometer – the Bayer Contour TS Blood glucometer follows the sampling method of capillary fill (sip-in sampling). The sample size of that the product demands is as small as 0.6 microliters.
[su_button url=”https://amzn.to/2XBo00W” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#E21e1e” center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: shopping-cart” rel=”nofollow”]CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON[/su_button]
Bayer Contour TS Features
[su_list icon=”icon: tint” icon_color=”#ff3636″]
- The product generates the most accurate results as it meets ISO 15197: 2013 accuracy requirements: 95 percent of glucose readings within ±15 percent (or +/- 15 mg/dl) of lab reference.
- The device is very easy to operate and is best suited for home blood glucose monitoring, as the device is auto-coded and doesn’t require pre-coding or calibration every time a new test strip is inserted.
- The device is pretty reliable and fast in terms of performance. This product generates results within 8 seconds, making the process quick and hassle-free.
- The glucometer operates on the capillary fill (sip-in sampling) method and requires very less amount of blood from your fingertips, which is 0.6 microliters.
- Bayer is one of the oldest and largest pharmaceuticals firms which started off by being a dyestuffs factory and is now the largest German multi-national pharmaceuticals company. Their products are quite reliable and trusted.
What we like
[su_list icon=”icon: check-square-o”]
- The product is very easy to use and hence is the best suited for home blood glucose monitoring (HBGM).
- The product is quite memory-efficient with a memory space of 250 blood samples. So, take up to 250 tests without worries.
- The device is handy and has been designed with a larger wider screen which makes it better aesthetic-wise and usability-wise.
- The package consists of twenty-five strips which is sufficient for the first-time usage. Their test strips are also very cheap and affordable.
- The device generates highly accurate results as it meets ISO 15197: 2013 accuracy requirements: 95 percent of glucose readings within ±15 percent (or +/- 15 mg/dl) of lab reference.
What We Dont Like
[su_list icon=”icon: times”]
- Various customers have reported of defaulted products that are slower performance-wise and incur problems in blood glucose monitoring.
- These very devices that are inefficient also at times hang while generating a result and need to be rebooted, which might need coding.
[/su_list] [su_button url=”https://amzn.to/2XBo00W” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#E21e1e” center=”yes” radius=”round” icon=”icon: shopping-cart” rel=”nofollow”]CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON[/su_button]