Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar that is made from apples. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar may help lower blood sugar. It’s often used as a home remedy for diabetes, including gestational diabetes.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For Health?
There aren’t any scientific studies on the use of apple cider vinegar for gestational diabetes. But there are some suggestions that it could be effective in reducing sugar levels.
Here Are 20 Ways Apple Cider Vinegar Can Be Used:
1. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink it before meals to help regulate sugar levels.
2. Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of water and drink it 3 times a day to help with symptoms of gestational diabetes.
3. Apply a mixture of 1 part apple cider vinegar to 1 part water to your skin 2-3 times a day to help relieve itching and skin irritation.
4. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it to your belly button 2-3 times a day to help relieve nausea and vomiting.
5. Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water and drink it 3 times a day to help prevent constipation.
6. Add 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a bathtub of warm water and soak in it for 20-30 minutes to help relieve stress and tension.
7. Apply a mixture of 1 part apple cider vinegar to 2 parts water on your scalp and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before shampooing to help get rid of dandruff.
8. Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of green tea and drink it 2-3 times a day to help boost metabolism and promote weight loss.
9. Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and use it as a salad dressing or to dip bread in.
10. Combine 1 part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water and use it as a natural cleaning solution around the house.
11. Add 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar to your laundry to help remove stains and freshen up clothes.
12. Soak your feet in a bowl of equal parts apple cider vinegar and water for 30 minutes to help relieve foot pain and swelling.
13. Gargle with a mixture of 1 part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts water to help relieve a sore throat.
14. Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water and use it as a facial toner to help improve the appearance of your skin.
15. Add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to your pet’s bathwater to help repel fleas and ticks.
16. Spraying a mixture of 1 part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts water around the perimeter of your home can help keep insects and pests away.
17. Soak a cloth in a mixture of 1 part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts water and use it to clean windows and mirrors.
18. Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of 1 part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts water and use it to clean countertops, sinks, and toilets.
19. Diluting apple cider vinegar with water and using it as a plant fertilizer can help improve the health and appearance of your plants.
20. Combine 1 part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water in a bowl and use it as a fruit and vegetable wash to remove dirt and pesticides.
For Digestion And Metabolism
Apple cider vinegar is often touted as a natural remedy for a variety of health issues, including digestion and metabolism.
Apple cider vinegar is acidic, which means it can help to break down food and aid digestion. Some people also claim that it can help to relieve constipation and bloating.
However, these statements are not backed by any scientific data. In fact, one study found that taking apple cider vinegar actually increased levels of bloating and gas.
So, if you’re experiencing digestive issues, it’s probably best to stick to proven remedies, such as eating more fiber or taking a probiotic.
There is some evidence that apple cider vinegar can help with weight loss and metabolism.
One study found that taking apple cider vinegar daily for 12 weeks led to significant weight loss, reduced body fat, and lower blood sugar levels in obese people.
Another study found that taking apple cider vinegar before meals increased feelings of fullness and led to people eating fewer calories throughout the day.