Are you a diabetic patient who is crazy about air-fryer sweet potato chips? The chips you buy from stores contain huge amounts of fat and sodium.
Air-Fryer Sweet Potato Chips – Perfect Snack For Weight Loss Journey!
Hence, homemade air-fryer sweet potato chips are much healthier. As it is air fried, it is the perfect snack for diabetes patients.
Unlike traditional frying in oil, air frying cuts down on fats and calories and is the best choice if you want to lose weight.
Air-Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 Air Fryer Basket
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato (It should be unpeeled and cut into slices that are ⅛-inch-thick)
- 1 tsp Canola Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Cooking Spray
- Soak the sweet potato slices in a big bowl of cold water for around 20 minutes. Drain the water out of sweet potatoes by wiping them with paper towels.
- Wipe the bowl and make sure that it is dry. Now add salt, oil, pepper and rosemary (if you opt to add it). Mix sweet potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Lightly coat the surface with cooking spray. Keep half of the sweet potatoes in the basket. Cook them in two slots at 350°F for about 15 minutes, until it becomes crispy.
- With a pair of tongs, carefully shift the sweet potatoes from the air fryer to the plate. Wait for the dish to cool. You can serve it for immediate use or store the snack in an airtight plastic container for later use.
1. It is recommended to use a mandoline while preparing the air-fryer sweet potato chips. This kitchen tool helps in making the potatoes finer and more precise. It also contributes to a more evenly-cooked chip.
2. There are good-quality branded air fryers available in the market that do not need preheating.
3. You need a little practice for frying the sweet potato chips. However, you can gain expertise by observing carefully while others cook.
4. When you are halfway through preparing the snack, check the chips. If the chips have stuck to each other, separate them. Towards the end of the cooking session, make sure that you remove those chips that are lightly browned and crisped.
5. No worries if some of the chips feel soft. Once they cool, it will become dry and crispier.
6. In some cases you may find that the air-fryer sweet potato chips have become soggy. The reason is that the potatoes were wet before you placed them into the air fryer. Hence it did not crispen up as expected. To avoid this, make sure that you pat dry the potatoes before keeping them in the air fryer.
7. You can prepare the air-fryer sweet potato chips without using oil also. However, it doesn’t get as crispy as when you prepare it by adding oil to it.
The best part of the homemade air-fryer sweet potato chips is that it contains only a third of the fat when compared to the potato chips you buy from stores.
Further information on nutritional facts can be found in the below table.
Are you all set to try out the delicious air-fryer sweet potato chips? It is the perfect snack for your lunchbox. You can also serve them with a creamy dip. Hope the above tips come quite handy in your first attempt at cooking the air-fryer sweet potato chips.