- 1 Accu Chek Aviva Plus Test Strips
- 2 Accu Chek Aviva Plus Features
- 3 Accu Chek Aviva Plus FAQ's
- 3.1 ✅ What should I do if I suspect my child has swallowed a battery or inserted a battery into the body?
- 3.2 ✅ When should the Accu Chek Aviva meter and lancing device be cleaned and disinfected?
- 3.3 ✅ What is the difference between cleaning and disinfecting the Accu Chek Aviva meter?
- 3.4 ✅ What parts of the Accu Chek Aviva meter should be cleaned and disinfected?
- 4 Accu Chek Aviva Plus
- 5 What We Like
- 6 What we Dont Like
The Accu Chek Aviva Plus blood glucose meter makes testing of your blood sugar quickly and easy. It’s requires no set-up before use, you can use it anytime and anywhere without any extra efforts.
Each meter uses Accu Chek Aviva test strips and an Accu Chek lancing device. The advice and an alerts is here to remind you to test before and after meals, giving you valuable information to support therapy decisions for a healthy active life.
The ACCU CHEK Aviva Plus Blood Glucose Meter is the most accurate and least painful device to check the blood sugar level for users. The amazing fascinating aspect of the Aviva Plus is that this is first meter/lancet/test strip combo to receive an “Ease of Use” award from the Arthritis Foundation. Other individual meters, etc., have received this award, but not for the entire package of items you will need to test your blood.
The Aviva Plus used to be the Aviva. According to a telephone call with Roche customer service, The meter has remained the same(although they put the new name on it), but the meter now uses Aviva Plus Test Strips rather than the old Aviva test strips. The entire system is now referred to as the Aviva Plus System. However, you will note from the picture that they still bill the meter as the “Aviva”.
Accu Chek Aviva Plus Test Strips
The Aviva glucose meter uses Accu Chek Aviva Plus Test Strips. The Plus test strips were recently introduced to give more accurate results when elevated maltose levels are present. Often elevated maltose levels (which can skew results) are present when someone is undergoing dialysis or other therapies. Pricing for these test strips varies per retailer, so make sure you shop around.
Accu Chek Aviva Plus Features
- Large LCD Display which is easy-to-read.
- Used with easy-to-handle Accu Chek Aviva test strips
- An Accu Chek lancing device can be purchased separately
- Tiny blood sample: only 0.6µL of blood required
- Fast results in 5 seconds.
- No coding needed, it is easy to use without any coding, making the testing process quicker and easier.
- No set-up required separate set-up requires. It’s ready to use right out of the box.
- Set up to 4 pre- or post-meal alerts, so you never forget to test
- Automatically turning on option is available, it gives you alert when you insert a test strip
- Energy saver, it turns off the meter automatically when you got finished with testing.
- Time and memory saver, it saves up to 72 hours if the battery is removed
What we like
- Accuracy: The Aviva Plus glucose meter gives the best accuracy. There are several features holding its credit. The test strip used in this meter is wider than normal test strips, which makes it easier to use for the users, user can place the proper amount of blood on the strip. On Getting this Another aspect which is responsible for its accuracy is that this meter performs almost 200 separate accuracy checks.
- Lancing Device: The lancing device of this testing equipment get a lot more attention on usually basis. The meter uses the Multiclix lancing device and it is the only device that uses six preloaded lancet drum. So there is no need to change out the lancet for each test. Further, the Multiclix is billed as the least painful lancet device on the market.
- Alternative Site Testing: The Aviva Plus give you options to test on the finger, palm, forearm, upper arm, thigh and calf.
- Ease of Use: The Aviva Plus is the only meter, lancet and test strip solution that ALL received the Arthritis Foundation’s Ease of Use Commendation.
What We Dont Like
- It is a bit large and is not conducive for discrete testing.
- Screen resolution is of meter is very poor due to its Black and white screen
Accu Chek Aviva Plus FAQ's
✅ What should I do if I suspect my child has swallowed a battery or inserted a battery into the body?
Seek medical attention immediately. Prompt action is critical. Don’t wait for symptoms to develop. Battery ingestion or insertion into the body may cause chemical burns, perforation of soft tissues, and death.
✅ When should the Accu Chek Aviva meter and lancing device be cleaned and disinfected?
Clean and disinfect your meter once a week, or any time blood gets on the meter. You should also clean the meter before allowing anyone else to handle it.
✅ What is the difference between cleaning and disinfecting the Accu Chek Aviva meter?
Cleaning is simply removing dirt from the meter, while disinfecting refers to removing as much of the disease-causing microorganisms and other germs as possible.
✅ What parts of the Accu Chek Aviva meter should be cleaned and disinfected?
Be sure to clean the areas around slots and openings, while being careful not to get any moisture in them. You should also wipe down the entire meter surface, including the meter display.
Tim Mathew is an Endocrinologist specialized in general endocrinology, diabetes, and lipid metabolism. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline and completed a medical school program from New York. Once Tim Mathew quoted that ‘Endocrinology is both a challenging and rewarding medical specialty, so he wants to specialize in it